Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm Back!

I have seriously neglected this blog over the past month!  It is time to fill you in on what we have been doing and projects I have worked on.

First, my personal life is going great!  I am 19 weeks pregnant and we just found out that we are having another little girl.  We are overjoyed and thankful for a healthy little girl.  I can't wait to start making her and Belle matching hats for the winter :-)  Below are some pictures of Baby Girl Thompson:



My crocheting has taken a bit of a back seat to the busy-ness of summer.  I have been completing projects, but not near as many as I would like to, so I think I am back in the saddle and ready to get those hooks moving.  I just finished a project for a friend who is due in 3 weeks.  She wanted a soccer ball hat, and I found the PERFECT pattern here at My Sweet Potato 3.  The pattern is the best I have found to represent soccer ball and the hat turned out great!  The designer was also EXTREMELY helpful and answered any question I had.

The most recent project I have been working on are some micro preemie hats.  My sister's friend delivered her baby at 23 weeks.  Rosie was born at 1lb 7oz and is currently fighting for her life.  Her birth story is unreal and amazing all at the same time you can read it here in the words of her parents:
"Rosanna was born unexpectedly on Sunday, June 12th at 10:30am.  She was 23 weeks and 2 days along.  “Rose,” “Rosie” was delivered by her terrified father in our master bathroom and kept alive by her amazing, professional mother performing CPR until the medics arrived.  Rose was rushed to the hospital and welcomed by a group of 40 people consisting of nurses, doctors, techs, social workers and chaplains.  She was born 1 pound and 7 ounces and has more hair on her head than her sister!"
So, since posting about this on my Facebook page I have had many people ask to see pictures of the hats and to know the yarn and pattern I use.  In all honesty, I think sizing for micro-preemies is the hardest.  I have never seen a baby that small in my life and can only guess what will work, therefore I have made little Rosie quite a few hats with some differences in sizing.  I figure that if some are too small they can be donated to the NICU for a baby who has a smaller head and if they are too big then Rosie will grow into them.  This is the least I can do for Rosie, her parents, and her big sister. 

Obviously, prayer is the greatest thing I can do for this family and I beg that you join me in praying for this little peanut as she fights for her life.  I pray God gives her parents strength, peace, and that He reveals His plan to them. 

Below are the hats I have made for Rosie:








Photobucket
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm excited your little precious one is healthy and you guys are happily anticipating her arrival. The caps you've made for your friend's preemie are all gorgeous! Great job (as always!)! On another note, thanks for joining the ShortysSutures group on Rav. If you ever want to submit any tips/tricks for the podcast just let me know and I'll link back to you in the show notes.
    Happy Friday!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo glad your're back! I was getting worried . . . . lovely preemie hats, and what a sweet thing to do for that precious baby. I will be praying : ). Also, LOVE the soccer hat pattern! My girls spied the pink one right away . . . and congrats on a girl! We have 4 girls : ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how I haven't found your blog yet! Your blog is awesome and your patterns are the cutest thing!!! Congratulations on your recent news! Praying for another happy and healthy little girl for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy-congrats on the pregnancy!!!1 So excited for you and your family! I am glad the soccer hat turned out for you-thanks for the "shout out!" Rosie will be in our prayers along with her entire family. Christine from www.MySweetPotato3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish you had a pattern on here for the preemie hats. I have several friends who had tiny preemies, one had 4 out of 5 premature deliveries and I would LOVE to make some sweet hats to give to my local children's hospital in honor of all the preemies I know. I have lots of cotton yarn scraps that would be just enough for a lovely preemie hat, but not much else. Do you know where I can find pretty preemie patterns? I mostly find super chunky patterns and I am not experienced enough to create my own or resize someone else's pattern. Very sweet of you to make these hats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you mention making a soccer baby hat or maybe it was one of your readers. I was wondering if you do have that pattern my Sister is in the hospital right now having a little one and she herself plays soccer would to make one!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails